The weather at the base of the mountains is unpredictable and temperatures can fluctuate from the upper 40s to low 80s. Because of this, we suggest you pack comfortable clothing that can be worn in layers.
- Water Bottle – drink lots of water to avoid dehydration and minimize the effects of altitude sickness
- Comfortable walking shoes or sneakers (2 pairs)
- Long pants
- Casual t-shirts
- Flannel or wool over shirt
- Windbreaker or light jacket
- Consider a heavier jacket as well for cooler evenings
- Modest swimwear and towel (please note, pools & slides may be closed if it’s too cold)
- Comfortable modest sleepwear (sleeping arrangements are shared rooms)
- Cap, sunglasses
- Neck gaiter (mask)
- Personal toiletries, sunblock
- Shower sandals
- Personal reading light (battery operated)
- Pen or pencil
- Bikes (optional)
Provided by the camp for each guest: beds, sheets, blankets, pillows, and towels.
New location for 2020:
We look forward to welcoming you to Golden Bell Conference Center, which is located near Divide, Colorado, just 35 minutes west of Colorado Springs. (This is about 1 hour closer for anyone coming from Denver/Colorado Springs.)
Address: Golden Bell Conference Center is 380 Co Rd 512, Divide, CO 80814.
You may arrive at any time after 2 pm on Thursday, August 29th; activities will be open on Thursday between 2-5 pm.
- Before 2 pm: No check-in available.
- 2-5 pm: Follow signs to check-in in front of the main office.
- After 5 pm: Please reply or call me if you know you will be after 5pm; go to the Arena.
Schedule: Activities & Meals
We’ve got a great lineup in store, including morning and evening sessions and plenty of time to play! View the schedule here.
Here are the activities at the Golden Bell Conference Center (note that some require an additional fee):
- Large Indoor Swimming Pool (with diving board)
- Miniature Golf Course
- 900’ AND 400’ Ziplines (additional fee)
- Low ropes course (additional fee)
- Two stocked fishing ponds (Catch and release. Fishing permit not required. Bring your own gear and bait)
- Indoor Gym
- Game Room (includes a foosball table, ping pong table, and pool table)
- Gaga Ball
- Overhead 9 Square Ball
- Black Light Dodge Ball
- Tether ball
- Sand volleyball
- Hiking Trails
And after all that activity, what about food? Trust us — you won’t go hungry! All meals are served buffet-style in the dining hall. (If you noted dietary restrictions on your registration form, we’ve made arrangements for you.)
Please note that all COVID-19 related policies are subject to change at any time.
- The Colorado Governor’s mask mandate can be found HERE. The camp will require masks to be worn while going through the buffet line at the dining hall (but not once you are seated at your table). Outside of the buffet line, we will not be requiring masks to be worn during the retreat. If you are not comfortable with this policy and would like to cancel your registration, please let us know within the next 24 hours.
- Sickness: To love your neighbor and respect your fellow guests, we ask that anyone sick with COVID-19 refrain from coming. A full refund will be issued.
By attending the Father Son Retreat, participants give CHEC permission to make visual images (photographs, movies, videos) and audio recordings of the participant and to use such visual images and audio recordings on the CHEC and event website, in printed or electronic materials, or in other audio or visual communications, and participant releases CHEC from any and all liability related thereto.
On Sunday, we’ll gather for a worship service and fellowship, then complete the weekend with lunch. At 2pm the camp closes, so please plan your departure before then.