The weather at the base of the mountains is unpredictable and temperatures can fluctuate from the upper 40s to low 80s. Because of this, we suggest you pack comfortable clothing that can be worn in layers.
- Water Bottle – drink lots of water to avoid dehydration and minimize the effects of altitude sickness
- Comfortable walking shoes or sneakers (2 pairs)
- Long pants
- Casual t-shirts
- Flannel or wool over shirt
- Windbreaker or light jacket
- Consider a heavier jacket as well for cooler evenings
- Modest swimwear and towel (please note, pools & slides may be closed if it’s too cold)
- Comfortable modest sleepwear (sleeping arrangements are shared rooms)
- Cap, sunglasses
- Neck gaiter (mask)
- Personal toiletries, sunblock
- Shower sandals
- Personal reading light (battery operated)
- Pen or pencil
- Bikes (optional)
Provided by the camp for each guest: beds, sheets, blankets, pillows, and towels.
We look forward to welcoming you to Sky Ranch Horn Creek, which is in Westcliffe, Colorado, about two hours southwest of Colorado Springs.
Address: 6758 County Road 130, Westcliffe, Colorado 81252.
You may arrive at any time after 2 pm on Thursday, August 26th; activities will be open on Thursday between 2-5 pm.
- Before 2 pm: No check-in available.
- 2-5 pm: Follow signs to check-in in front of the main office.
- After 5 pm: Please go to the Arena.
Schedule: Activities & Meals
We’ve got a great lineup in store, including morning and evening sessions and plenty of time to play! View the schedule here.
Here are the activities at Horn Creek (note that some require an additional fee):
- Water Slides
- Ziplines (additional fee)
- Target Range (additional fee)
- Fishing Ponds (catch & release; fishing permit not required; bring your own gear & bait)
- Frisbee Golf
- Rec Center
- Game Room (includes foosball table, ping pong table, and pool table)
- Gaga Ball
- Sand Volleyball
- Hiking Trails
And after all that activity, what about food? Trust us — you won’t go hungry! All meals are served buffet-style in the dining hall. (If you noted dietary restrictions on your registration form, we’ve made arrangements for you.)
By attending the Father Son Retreat, participants give CHEC permission to make visual images (photographs, movies, videos) and audio recordings of the participant and to use such visual images and audio recordings on the CHEC and event website, in printed or electronic materials, or in other audio or visual communications, and participant releases CHEC from any and all liability related thereto.
On Sunday, we’ll gather for a worship service and fellowship, then complete the weekend with lunch. At 2pm the camp closes, so please plan your departure before then.